(4 Semester )
In tune with NCTE guidelines College of Teacher Education , Thottakkad is conducting B.Ed Two Year Course and the intake strength of students is 50. These 50 students are distributed under the faculties, English , Malayalam, Natural Science, Physical Science and Social Science. Admission to each faculty is purely on merit with reservation to SC, ST, OEC, OBC etc. subject to the reservation rules and norms of admission issued by the Government of Kerala and adopted by the University.
Enrichment of the new generation teachers with values and life skills, equip them to be professionally competent, adaptable and socially committed to meet the challenges of tomorrow and to become the transmitters, inspirers and promoters of children’s eternal quest for knowledge.
Annual Intake- 50 (One Unit)
Subjects Offered:- English, Malayalam, Physical Science, Natural Science &Social
The Vision Highlights
• Professionalization of teacher education.
• Equipping teacher competence in the ever changing world of technology
• Preparing teacher educators giving importance to values and culture of the locality
• Realising the importance of Research and innovation in teacher education.
• Importance of Yoga ,health and physical education in future life
• Knowing the important leaders of our society and their contributions in the field of education
• Nurturing creativity and aesthetic talents in the teacher trainees
• Addressing a group of people in a meeting
• Equipping trainees to organize various programmes in an institution
DETAILS OF THE COURSE APPILIED FOR
|Name Of The Teacher Education Course||
Bachelor Of Education
Level Of the course:
|Duration of the course||4 semesters|
|Mode of conducting course||Face to face interaction|
|Proposed intake||50students One unit|
|Commencement of Academic year||June|
|Affiliating Body with address||Mahatma Gabndhi University Priyadarsini Hills Athirampuzha Kottayam Kerala|
Admissions to the courses conducted at this college are notified by Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies, Kottayam. Applications filed up to the last date are processed and the ranked list of candidates is published and the candidates are called for interview and the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are admitted, strictly observing merit and communal reservation.
The application forms and prospectus can be downloaded from the following web site.
www.sme.edu.in or www.cpas.ac.in