(4 Semester )
In tune with NCTE guidelines College of Teacher Education , Kumily is conducting B.Ed Two Year Course and the intake strength of students is 50. These 50 students are distributed under the faculties, Malayalam , Mathematics, Natural Science, Physical Science and Social Science. Admission to each faculty is purely on merit with reservation to SC, ST, OEC, OBC etc. subject to the reservation rules and norms of admission issued by the Government of Kerala and adopted by the University.
This institution started functioning in 10th April 1992 and was started to meet the requirements of trained teachers in various optional subjects.
This college has been designed to extend the benefit of Teacher Education to
• Highly qualified candidates who pass out of the universities in every year
• Qualified teachers in service of government, aided/unaided schools of Kerala state who have practical difficulty in getting admission to regular college of Teacher Education
• Qualified Non-residential Indians and their dependants.
This B.Ed course is fully cost based and admission is purely on the basis of merit, norms of community reservation and nativity weightage. After completing more than 25 years of long successful service, this College of Teacher Education has become a prestigious institution of Idukki District, Kerala.
The Vision Highlights
• Quality improvement of teacher education.
• Building teacher competence in the ever changing society.
• Preparing teacher educators to inculcate educational values to their students.
• Realising the importance of Research and innovation in teacher education.
• Importance of Yoga ,health and physical education in future life.
• Knowing the important leaders of our society and their contributions in the field of education.
• Nurturing creativity and aesthetic talents in the teacher trainees.
• Addressing a group of people in a meeting.
• Equipping trainees to organize various programmes in an institution
DETAILS OF THE COURSE APPILIED FOR
|Name Of The Teacher Education Course||
Bachelor Of Education
Level Of the course:
|Duration of the course||4 semesters|
|Mode of conducting course||Face to face interaction|
|Proposed intake||50 students One unit|
|Commencement of Academic year||June|
|Affiliating Body with address||Mahatma Gandhi University Priyadarsini Hills Athirampuzha Kottayam Kerala|
Admissions to the courses conducted at this college are notified by Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies, Kottayam. Applications filed up to the last date are processed and the ranked list of candidates is published and the candidates are called for interview and the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are admitted, strictly observing merit and communal reservation.
The application forms and prospectus can be downloaded from the following web site.
www.sme.edu.in or www.cpas.ac.in